Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorable Long Weekend

This past weekend started on Thursday for Wes and I. He was off Friday, this whole weekend and Monday!! He needed the holiday, he works so much and never gets to sleep in. EVER.

Thursday night was a girl's night and OH. SO. FUN. Two of the fabulous wives of our fabulous players, Taniqua Ware and Tiffany Bowen, hosted a private viewing of Sex and the City 2...on opening night! I invited one of my best friends, Corey, to go with me. There were SOOO many women dressed up and waiting to get in to see the movie and guess what, we didn't have to wait in line! We walked right into the theater, where we were handed a delicious Cosmo. Well, Corey was, I was handed a delicious ice water.

We stopped for a photo in front of every girl's love...GUCCI handbags...aka the raffle prizes! We had dinner and drinks served while watching our favorite fashionable characters. It was a great night and Corey and I laughed A LOT to say the least. P.S. neither of of walked out with a new Gucci but we scored a Sprinkles cupcake, and to a pregnant girl that just discovered sweets, Sprinkles trumps Gucci. Sad, I know.



We got home and got to watch another of my favorites, American Idol. It was good, I was so glad that Lee won. He seems like such a nice, down-to-earth guy. I would have been happy with either of them though. Crystal is great too and I am sure we will be seeing more of her at some point. It has to be said though, ADAM is still the best and I love him. I kept asking Wes and Corey, why he didn't perform and saying how much better he is than other winners. I'm obsessed!

It will be strange having American Idol without Simon and I wonder if Wes and I will watch it next season, I doubt it. I will just follow him to his next show!

Friday night, we went to dinner with Wes' best friend, Trey and his wife Tiffany. It was a delicious dinner. We took pictures but Tiff deleted the one of her and Trey and I looked tired but as always Wes looked good, so I cropped me out.



Saturday night, we went to dinner (we love to eat) with another coach, Keith and his wife Reigan. She is still in Ohio so the kids can finish out the school year but came to visit her man and look for a house...oh the life of a coach's wife!! We had a very good time and lots of fun visiting!

Sunday is an explaination of why Wes and I are married and why we get along so well. We read ALL. DAY. LONG. But I did manage to fit a shower in at some point.

We decided to join the world again on Monday, starting with a late breakfast at Waffle House, which was yummy and I am so glad I eat waffles now. Then we headed to Wade and Sherry's for lots of food, swimming and friends.

Wes and Sherry played a game of Horse Balls. It is always fun to watch them because they are both so competitive and argue with each other everytime. I don't even know who won but that was the only game played...





Wade and Sherry always go beyond when they have company. If I ever have to turn down an invitation to hang with them, I will be very sad! Such good friends. Wes and I are very very lucky.

We came home to Tyson and Kit, who were waiting by the door and so happy to see us, you would think we had been gone for days. They must have gotten used to us not leaving the house from Sunday. We tried to make it up to them so we all piled in bed and...READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment