Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wipeout

Today I hit 32 weeks and I hit it hard. The past few months I have had the energy of a toddler and WHAM it is gone. My fingers are actually tired from typing this much...seriously. I cannot explain to you how much of a difference I feel. Everyone says it is normal though!!

So...yes, 7 weeks or less to go. Bring it. I am so ready but hope we can hold out to at least 37 weeks so Ivy will be full term.

Last Tuesday I went to the doctor because I had been having really cramps for 3 days. Surprise...I am having contractions! They aren't regular but do come and go all day and night and let me tell ya, I'm a big baby and they hurt.

Doctor wanted to make sure I wasn't in LABOR (freak me out), so he did a fetal fibronectin swab, which came back negative. So I'm good for a few weeks at least!

A positive result can indicate that a woman will go into preterm labor soon, but she may not go into labor for weeks so it isn't a good positive predictor. When the fFN test is negative, the result is a better predictor. A negative result means that there is little possibility of preterm labour within the next 7 to 10 days, and the test can be repeated weekly for women who remain at high risk. A negative fetal fibronectin test gives a more than 95% likelihood of remaining undelivered for the next 2 weeks.

Then he checked my cervical length which should be at least 3 cm and I was at 3.1 cm. It was crazy, we were looking at my cervix and Ivy's head is right against it. When he told me her head was right there, it kind of scared me for a second but since the fFN test is negative then we will be ok for a while. I go back to see him on Friday and was told to 'rest and take it easy'...ugh! I am tired but it is not easy for me to take it easy.

Ivy is just moving and moving, it is so cute and I can't wait to see the little arms and legs that make this big belly move!

I will try to do a better job at keeping the blog updated. I should have known it would be hard for me to do daily, who was I kidding.

Now, back to watching Wipeout. Is it bad that I'm laughing at these people? Cause it is totally how I feel...like I just fell in the mud trying to make it past the suckerpunch wall. At least I have my little girl to look forward to and not those big bouncy balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment